Thursday, January 13, 2011

What do you think?

Feedback I received:
An incredible report.
I have heard from dozens of people both at the title meeting and the stockcar G.P. on the following wednesday night (Nelson) that the title meeting was "absolutely awesome". I would like to take some points from your article and ask others who were there to post a comment.
1..You mention you try to put a positive spin on most reviews (TRY HARDER)
2..Sound system was poor. It must have been bought from the same shop as the lights. (SARCASM))
3..No roll overs....I presume you mean no cars rolled over? (EASTERN STATES PROBLEM OR THE DRIVERS??)
4..Not bagging the club.(REALLY??)
5..You went into the pits (EASTERN STATES HAS A STRONG POLICY THAT ONLY DRIVERS,PIT CREW AND OFFICIALS ARE PERMITTED IN THERE...WHY, WHEN THE ANNOUNCER SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE MEETING NO MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC WAS ALLOWED INTO THE PITS AFTER RACING COMMENCED,DID YOU DO THAT??)
Perhaps you should stay in the North Island with your negative attitude and petty and sarcastic remarks


My response
The whole point of this website is that the opinions are MINE, about how I felt going to a meeting. Not what the masses thought, not what Anonymous from Blenheim thought. What I thought. And the original reason for the website was because I sat through too many substandard piss poor meetings and paid my hard earned money to attend with no right of reply.

If you actually READ the review and you are honest, the lighting and sound were not up to scratch were they? I mentioned that there were no cars that rolled or runoffs because they add to the excitement of a meeting and there weren't any at this meeting FACT. Were did I say it was the club or drivers fault? I didnt. I mentioned a contributing factor to the lack of action.

You make no mention of the complete lack of points or updates on qualifying night? A vital part of any national championship.

After I left the pits, I noticed the poor sound system, I had to move a few times to try and hear the commentary on the back straight by the food caravans. The lighting is not great, if you are at the far end of the track it can be hard to see the other end clearly, once it is dark FACT.

Any merit your comments carry though are lost by the fact you didn't put your name, and the pointless last comment about "stay in the North Island." If you thought the meeting was great then good for you. I too am interested to see what other people that went to this meeting REALLY thought. Feel free to leave a comment below, but avoid getting personal - its only racing after all.

Finally, to give some sort of credence to my reviews, I have been to nearly every running of the NZ Stockcar title since 2000, and even the ones before it became an official title. I think I can judge by comparison which ones have been 'absolutely awesome' and without a doubt Blenheim wasn't.

No comments: